As a kid, I would count down the days till the start of school, not in the bad "man...I have to go back?" but the "yay! I can't wait to get back" sorta way. Of course, I would wish my summer back the second week of school.

Here we are, 3 days until the official start of school, and my kids are bouncing off the walls and I can't wait to send them back. All summer, we played games, went swimming, stayed in the a.c., but we were also all at each other's throats.
Last year, he was accepted in an ESE program at Lake Asbury Elem. It is a 3 yr old program to help him catch up to his peers in speech as well as emotionally. At the end of the year, our boundaries were split, and John John's program was moved to the new Shadowlawn Elementary. It is an unbelievably state of the art school, equipped with everything.

Today we had orientation for Aliya and John John. So, at 8:45 we headed out the door. John John was insistent to carry his backpack and even more insistent that we didn't need to take the car, his bus would be coming. So, once we dragged him into the car, we were off. We arrived at this beautiful school and walked him down the halls to his classroom. He was quietly happy to see his old teacher (the BEST PreK teacher EVER!) and got busy pulling out his old toys. We stayed for a good 30 minutes, then had to drag him crying out to make it to Aliya's orientation, at the old school.
We were quite familiar with the old routine at LAE. We knew where her teachers class would be and she found her seat. Aliya is very shy and quiet, and her new teacher asked her a few things, by which she smiled and whispered a "hi" back. I filled out a few forms and let the kids look around, then we headed back to our car, but first saying a quick Hello to her kindergarten teacher.
So, now we wait patiently for Monday, new clothes hanging in the closet, and backpacks packed and ready to go. The countdown has begun.






look at those freaking cute pics! Your children are just so darn adorable! Look at Joshie by the computer...he could be Beethoven with that hair ! ;)~ And John John...sweet boy...what does he think of the bus?! What kind of backpack did Aliya get?
ReplyDeleteI miss ya'll so much!
I hope you & Joshie are enjoying your alone time!!! and John too of course!
Summer is a crazy time!! I long for the structure of the school year again too!
ReplyDelete