Last Saturday we took the kids to SeaWorld. We met up with some friends that I have 'known' for 4+ years, but have actually never met in person. Lisa Arthur and Grace flew in from Canada for their family vacation. And Lindsay, James and the kids live near Orlando.
We left bright and early for our 3 hour drive there. Once in the park, we posed for a pick while waiting on our friends to arrive. John John was insistent that the map was Dora's map.

John got some great shots of the sea lions sunning on the rocks.


We tried to get a kid group shot, but failed miserably.

We ate lunch and lost John John for a bit, LOL. Then we made our way to the Shamu show.




Then we let the kids play around in splash park. It was warm, but the water was still freezing. The kids were super cold but had a great time. John made the comment later that you could totally tell which kid was from Canada.





Then we did a few more things, and took the kids to look at the dolphins.


And had the all important Shamu Ice Cream

Sunday, John and I drove out to the beach to pick up a dresser for Aliya. We got it home and Monday I sanded and painted it.
Everything was pretty normal until Wednesday. It started off great. I sent the kids to school and got to work on Aliya's room. I was moving her into the boys' room so they could have the bigger one. So, I moved furniture, with the help of Joshie and when he went down for a nap, I started painting.
After it was all dry, I finished the afternoon moving her furniture back into her room and organizing the boys' room. They currently have a pink room that John John LOVES!
Around 6:20 I got a call from John that he was heading home. 20 minutes later the phone rings again. I didn't recognize the number but the voice I did. It was John, he told me he was okay, but he flipped his truck and needed me to come and get him. I, of course, panicked and ran out the door with the kids in tow. Pulling out of the driveway I realized Aliya was crying, and I wasn't sure what the scene would be like so I called Cassie and prayed she didn't go to church that night. She hadn't, so I drove the kids to her and then met John.
When I got there, John was standing on the side of the road, truck on it's side with several guys. Apparently, a dog catcher was out in the highway trying to catch a dog that got away from him. John came up on them and went to slow up and his brakes locked. He spun and hit the shoulder and flipped on his side. Thank goodness her was wearing hi seat belt. He opened up the passenger door and got out.
That was the end of the Ranger. We couldn't get it to start and it was over 15 years old. It was time to say goodbye. I told John a few days later "You know that we had our first date in that truck?" awww, sad.
Thursday, we went out to buy him a new truck. We didn't have much time to look. John's boss was coming in from California on Monday and they had projects that needed to be complete. He didn't have time to take off and look. Thankfully, we found a great truck in our price range at the first place we went. He got a Dodge Dakota with a club cab. The boys loved riding in Daddy's truck, they never really got to ride in John's since he didn't have a back seat.
So, yesterday we said goodbye to the old truck. I listed it on Craigslist and within an hour I had 15 buyers (guess I should have asked for more, LOL) The guy came and took it last night.






You guys have been busy! I'm so jealous of the playdate!
ReplyDeletethe pictures are great ! (minus the truck of course!)
ReplyDeleteI wanna go to Sea World! And I love seeing you babywear. And I'm so happy that the old truck has been sold and the new truck is working out.
And of course-that hubby is OK!
Awwww, we're going to Sea World tomorrow! We *just* missed you guys... damn! I'm glad you guys had fun and that you guys got to meet up! How exciting to meet other BBC mommies! Glad John is safe and the new truck is working out so well.
ReplyDelete