Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentines Birthday John John

Today, my middle child, my first born son turns 4.

I cannot believe how fast time has flown. How much has changed in the 4 years he has been on this earth.

5 years ago, this was our family


We lived in a little house in Murray Hill


And we couldn't anticipate what was in store.

4 years ago



3 years ago


2 years ago


1 year ago


And, here is our birthday boy today!


Let me just give you a rundown of John John

He loves
playing video games
watching movies
his sister
cars and trucks
his blankie

He dislikes
getting up in the morning
Joshie playing with his toys

He can
this is the part I get teary eyed on, it may not seem like big accomplishments for a 4 year old, but for us, it is fantastic!
run, jump, ride a bike
count to 20
say his ABCs
tell us he is hungry, thirsty, tired, happy, etc.
use the restroom
almost beat Super Mario Bros.

4 years ago, we could not anticipate John John having a speech delay, or any delays for that matter. 2 years ago, I could not anticipate John John ever expressing his feelings though words. 1 year ago, I could not anticipate John John saying "I have to go potty!" and actually going.

John John has given me the ability to show patience when dealing with my children.

I love you Big Boy! Happy Birthday!!

4 comments:

  1. Awww! Happy birthday, John John!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post! Happy Birthday John John! I can't believe how big he looks! None of our babies look like babies anymore! They all look like big kids. WTH? It went by way too fast! Hope he has a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY COW! I can't believe John John is 4 already. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I loved your old house. It was so cute, but I do like the new/present one much better. As for John John, AAAGGGHHH!!! He's just the cutest. Even if (for some reason) he was never able to talk (thank God he can) he always knows how to SHOW his love and that's the best part!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. John John is one awesome little boy! Can't believe they are 4 years old already. Glad he had such a great b-day!

    ReplyDelete