While I was washing dishes, I happened to look up and see a raccoon head peeping out from the side of the house. It was 7:30, well the time just changed, so he was out very late.
The last few nights John thought that some animal was making an appearance on our back Florida room. It is a finished sun room that we added a doggie door so Daisy can go in and out from the porch, to keep her out of the weather if she happened to be outside. We also keep her dog food and water out there.
So, I look up and see him and I yelp like a girl. "John! The raccoon is on the back porch!" He was still sleeping in, lucky!, and I wasn't sure if he heard me screaming. I did what any blogger would do, I ran and got my camera and tried to snap a few shots. It was so weird, it's like he was so humanized, he could care less that he saw us through the glass, he was after that dog food.
About the third John call, he comes down the stairs, pellet rifle in hand and loads it. Then opens the back door a crack and aims. At this time, the raccoon was pushing his head through the doggie door to come in...POW! Got him in the neck. He took off and ran up on our back deck. John went to the other door to shoot him again and he took off up the tree.
Obviously, a pellet rifle shouldn't kill him, but with kids and a dog, a raccoon that isn't scared of humans could be bad, John wanted to put the fear in that little guy.
I got a few tree shots after he climbed higher up.






Josh would do the same thing! Or want to anyway, LOL.
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh...I still think he is adorable ;)
ReplyDeleteoh john, my hero ...heehee
ReplyDeleteThis is freaky weird...I actually had a dream about a raccoon last night!
ReplyDeleteHope he doesn't try to get into your house again....although I do think he's kinda cute. :)
NICE! Exercising his 2nd Amnd right!! I LOVE IT! Carl is waiting to find the armadillo or possum that is tearing up our back yard, so he can do the same. It looks like a golf course back there full of divits. On the bright side, we have FOXES that come around every so often!! They're so cute. We tried to get pix but Carl isn't skilled in getting pix through the screen.
ReplyDelete