Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spring Break, cont

Last night John and I booked a room in Ormond Beach for 2 nights. We are taking the kids and having a mini vacation trip. The room is on the beach and has a heated pool. The kids are super excited, as am I.

Our visitor is back. I guess one of the joys of living in the woods. He/she has been back the last few nights. Coming back through the doggie door onto the sunroom and eating the animals' food. He also washes his hands in their water dish. So, this is something that needs to be added to the "take care of" list before we leave.

I finished the boys' room, for the most part. Their surf themed Wallies came in on Saturday. Not sure if I am diggin the flowers on the back wall yet. I also added some pics of the boys, thanks Heather.



Yesterday it finally warmed up and I took the kids outside to swim (freeze) while I raked the lake. Yes, I did rake the lake. We have these weeds that grow like crazy in the warmth of the lake, and they take over. Aside from poisoning them, the only thing that gets rid of them, if only for a few months, is to rake them out.

Today it is freezing out, literally, well almost literally, it WILL freeze tonight. So, the kids and I are staying in, we've got movies and books, and computers (chores) to keep us company. I made the kids a special lunch today. Ore-Ida has new tator tots that are in the shape of letters. So, each kid got their name in tator tots today.

1 comment:

  1. aw it sounds like all the kids being home is going really well! I love your mini-vacation idea. I have the best memories from doing the same when I was younger!

    ReplyDelete