Friday night, we took Joshie to my mom's house and then took Aliya and John John to see Madagascar 2. It was super funny, way more adult humor than the first. John and I found ourselves laughing at parts the kids were clueless on.

Saturday, we pretty much laid around the house all day. Watched football. I actually went to a few stores by myself, which was nice. I was planning on doing some Christmas shopping but I always seem to second guess myself when buying for others.
Then Saturday night, Aliya lost her first tooth. It has been loose for well over 2 months. She refused to move it because she was so scared. I took her to the dentist a few weeks ago because her permanent tooth was coming in behind the baby one, and they informed me she needed all 4 bottom ones pulled to allow the permanent teeth to move forward. At 100 bucks a tooth, John and I decided a nice bribe could help the situation. We told Aliya that for each tooth she got out, she would get a new video game. We figure tooth pulled=100 dollars or new game=30. You can see the importance of the bribe.
Well, back to Saturday night, she kept biting her tooth. It was so floppy in her mouth that when she took a bite of anything, she would somehow get the tooth too. Then she would cry cause it hurt and I couldn't get her to touch it. So, being the wonderful mother that I am, I grabbed a piece of toilet paper, held her and popped it out. I swear the second I touched it, it came right out. She even was like "It didn't even hurt!" She was so happy to be done with that tooth, and the tooth fairy even came and gave her a dollar. Nice!
You can see the permenant tooth coming in behind the missing one. It was imparative we got it out soon. I just hope the other 3 come out ASAP.
Then on Sunday, like we promised, we took Aliya to get a video game. She chose Yoshi's Island for the DS. We also went by Sams and got a few things, more like 115 bucks worth of yummy groceries. Hopefully, our cabinets will stay stocked for a month. I think the next time we do a Sams run, we will leave the kids with someone. It is too hard to bulk shop with 3 kids.






AWWW! How precious! Too bad she doesn't get to walk around with a hole in her mouth, since the other tooth is already there.
ReplyDeleteCarl and I want to go see Madagascar.
woot for $70 savings on that tooth ;)
ReplyDeleteI had a relaxing weekend too...nothing to do, lol. Oh, and we also went to costco. When we go, we always get two carts. I push one with gabs and Nguyen pushes one with cameron, lol.
Hi mama!
ReplyDeleteTell Aliya I am so excited for her!
Oh the dentist...uggg...I am finally feeling a lil normal and now I have another appt tomorrow...will it ever end?!
I can't wait to go see Madagascar!
She looks adorable! Great idea on the video game per tooth!
ReplyDeleteAliya is so cute with her missing tooth. I'm glad you pulling it didn't traumatize her. She looks happy as can be!
ReplyDeleteWe're gonna have to go see Madagascar 2. Everyone keeps saying how great it is. Glad ya'll had fun!
I think that is the tooth that always comes out first. It was for BubTar and a lot of the other kiddos of that age group I know. Funny!
ReplyDeleteYay for lost teeth!
Love the dental savings...I love bribes. :)
ReplyDeleteHey, and I just tagged you.