Thursday, January 22, 2009

First Grade Project

Aliya has an assignment this week to build a robot. She decided to build WALL*E. This was supposed to be a family project, so I didn't feel bad helping her out.

First, we found a box and empty toilet paper rolls. Luckily I had been saving them for whatever reason. Then Aliya got busy painting the boxes and rolls. After that we hot glued everything on to the box (this is where I had to do most of the work) and added a few odds and ends. It also helps that John is an engineer, who else has old circuit boards just lying around their house.

I'd say he turned out great!

6 comments:

  1. It's GREAT! I'd give her an A++++++++, but I'm not her teacher. You just tell her teacher that's what I said she deserves!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome project! It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the cutest thing I've ever seen. You girls did a great job. She definitely deserves an A+

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow look at you sister! I am not surprised! Ya'll are seriously one of the most talented families I know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm way impressed. You guys did great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is so cute! I want one, lol

    ReplyDelete