Sunday, January 4, 2009

What happens to your Christmas Tree after Christmas?

This has become a New Years tradition with our good friends. We send the guys out to look for everyone's discarded Christmas trees on the side of the road, load them up, bring them home, and burn them.

Last night we hung out at our good friends, the Wallis's and had a fire and enjoyed the company of others. However, our kids were not having it and we ended up leaving early to put them to bed. John and I decided to light our own fire and find some trees to burn. So, I drove the neighborhood and found two trees on the road and brought them home.

John sat one in the fire pit and tried to light it, but it was so wet it wouldn't go. He grabbed the gas, like a true red neck, and lit it up. The fire blaze was taller than our house! It was super crazy. I ran inside to grab my camera but it had already come down alot, but I did manage to get a few shots.


After the tree burn, we sat around the fire and talked and I snapped a few shots of the fire.


It was actually nice to sit by a fire with John and just talk. We don't get too much alone time anymore, so we try to enjoy it when we have it.

UPDATED
On the way home tonight, John and I saw this monster Christmas tree on the side of the road. We threw it up on top of the van and drove home, slowly.
Here are a few pics of how high the flames actually get. It is unbelievable.

The tree

The Flames




4 comments:

  1. If we had a bigger fire pit, Josh would want to do the same thing! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing photos, yet a sad way to see Christmas go.... I wouldn't have the stomach for that type of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh I love that second picture close up of the fire - that is beautiful! What a fun tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i missed the fun! ;(

    i wonder what would happen to artificial trees?

    ReplyDelete