First, I can't resist, so here are my baby's stats....he is big! I think (if I remember correctly), he was 25lbs and 31", but don't quote me on that. He received 4 shots today, and of course screamed his little head off. He is now in bed passed out.
And now, some cute pics from yesterday.
And now, to the sad news...
We moved the kids out to Island Pediatrics 6 months ago, after staying at the Carrithers Group in Riverside since Aliya was born; well, since I was born technically, Aliya's Dr. was my pediatrician.
Anyways, the first time we were there, we had Dr. Bonnie White. She was amazing. She was so friendly with the kids, she actually talked and hugged them. You just don't see that much anymore. She would talk with John and I about things, and she would listen to us. She wouldn't run us off to get to other patients, just really personable. She loved Joshua's cloth diapers, always commented on them, and she never questioned my decision about delaying one of Joshua's vaccines.
While we were there today, Dr. White informed us that she was leaving the practice after being there for a year. Apparently, the 2 other Drs. on staff think she is too social and too friendly with parents. Their clients were moving to Dr. White. They were questioning her judgment, etc. She has been in practice for over 20 years.
She gave me her cell phone and told me to call if I wanted to. She wasn't sure what she was going to do yet, I just hope she stays out here and can open up her own practice.






That's terrible that her love and concern for her patients became a problem for the other doctors in her practice. I hope she's able to get something started on her own.
ReplyDeleteJoshie sure is a cutie in those photos!
hiiiiii
ReplyDeletelook at that handsome boy! He is so big!
miss you