Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The demise of the wallpaper

It has been removed from the kitchen! FINALLY!!!

I have been after John since we moved here, 3 years ago, to take down the horrible wallpaper in the kitchen. It was ugly 70s/80s flowers.



We started on Saturday with the help of Dallas, John's cousin. We steamed it off and then were able to prep the walls and I primed them on Monday.



This was me priming the walls. Can you tell I was super excited to finally be putting something else up there?


And now to the color. I wanted to do something like a burnt orange, but it seemed like the consensus on orange was *gag* and didn't want people puking in my kitchen. But, I can't resist to go against the grain. So, I went with a sorta paprika color. (apparently we enjoy Fruit Loops while painting too)


And finally, I decided I wanted to tackle the art of faux finishing. I always watched Trading Spaces and figure I could give it a whirl, so I did.



Of course, I still have many things I need to finish, but here is the finished paint project. Final pics to come later!


UPDATED 10/1/08
New Pics

4 comments:

  1. you know what?? I really like the color! It is so cheery. You did a great job ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo I really like! Now I just need to see it in person!
    I am so proud of you...and it knda makes me want to do that to a house...that I'm going to have...one day! :)~ lol

    You are such a talented girl...I love your projects, they always seem to come out GORGEOUS!

    Love you

    ReplyDelete