Sunday, September 14, 2008

We Survived

Well, we made it, and it wasn't too bad, except the whole sleeping situation.

We were packed and loaded when Aliya got off the bus. The kids were ready to go.


John John was excited


so was Joshie, haha


When we arrived, our original site had fire ants, so I called and had us moved to a better site, closer to the bathrooms, with no ants.

John and I set up the campsite while the kids played in the dirt



and went exploring.


It was also super hot


So after we finished setting up, we started on dinner and the kids had some drinks.





After dinner, the kids roasted some Strawberry Marshmallows over the campfire and I made some Jiffy Pop on the stove.






Then, I gave the kids a shower in the bathroom and they watched a movie in the tent while John and I sat by the fire.


John John came out to say hi.


Now to the sleeping situation. Once we all got in the tent to go to sleep it was miserable. We all shared the queen size air mattress in the 4 person tent. Somehow we ended up finally going to sleep, John and I each had one of the boys laying on us and Aliya was sleeping across our heads. John John spent a good hour telling me he wanted to "go home mommy" because he was so uncomfortable.

We've now decided that we can do camping with the kids, except we need a larger tent.

2 comments:

  1. oh it looks like ya'll had a good experience! And I saw a fan so does that mean there were outlets? That is cool!
    So did John John get a hair cut because he looks old and Joshie looks big sitting in the chair all by himself...*sniff *sniff
    I heart the Sarmans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like fun...I had no idea there was such a thing as strawberry marshmallows!

    great pics :)

    ReplyDelete