We woke everyone up at 5:30. Our plan was to drive down there, spend the day, and drive back. We live about 3 hours away, so we would get there right after the park opened.
Aliya and Joshie were super excited, I think Joshie was just excited for someone to get him up extra early. John John didn't want to move. He cocooned up in his blankie and laid on the floor while we tried to dress him.
Long drive, kids were bored. It was the first time Aliya asked "Are we there yet?" consecutively and she asked it like 20 times. Joshie was happy for the majority of the time, but the carseat did him in, and he wanted out.
We made it to Disney, parked in the Pluto Lot and joined the stampede to the front gates. We took our stroller and my Beco which worked out great.
As soon as we were in, we made our way back to Fantasy Land and everyone but Joshie and I got on the teacups. I hate those things, makes me sick.
Next we hopped around the park stopping here and there. We were able to go on Splash and Big Thunder Mountains, however the boys could not go. They raised the height requirements since the last time we went, and John John was too little, by an inch :( So John and I rider switched and we got to go.
We enjoyed a big lunch at the Starlight Cafe. I still can't get over how much they charge for food, and that was the 'cheap' place.
After lunch, we headed over to Buzz Lightyear, which John John LOVED. The kids posed for a pic in the jail bars with Zerg.
Then we made it over to Toontown to see Minnie's house, (we missed Mickey's, darn LOL) then went shopping for the kids their shirts and hats. We have always gotten the kids their "Ears" the first time they visit. So, we bought Joshie and Dallas's ears. And the kids both got a shirt and a new hat. John John got a pirate Mickey hat and Aliya got a Minnie baseball cap.
On the way back to the other side of the park, you will never guess who we passed. OMG, I did a 360 as we passed them. It was Jon and Kate plus 8! (minus 6, they only had the twins with them) I saw them coming and turned around to John, trying to point without them seeing to look like the crazy idiot that watches their show on Tuesdays.
We finished up the day watching the show, stopping for icecream and riding a few more rides. By that time, John John was telling me he wanted "Go home Mommy" Wow, he asked to leave Disney? He must be tired. We did one more bathroom run, which John John stayed dry the entire time at Disney, woohoo, and left the park.
In the car, we stopped by McDonalds for dinner. The kids filled their bellies and went to sleep. What a day!






wow! I want to go on a Sarman family vacation! I don't have any ears! :)~
ReplyDeleteCouple thoughts going on in my head right now...
1. Jon and Kate! Did you say hi!? Did you take a stalker pic?!
2. Loving your hair and the red!
3. Dallas is looking so great!!
4. I love the pic of the kids behind bars..especially Joshie's face. That is classic!
5. So. When. Are. We. Seeing. Eachother?
Looks like fun!! KayTar would just die if we went to Disney again. She was too little the first time, but now she is totally into all of that stuff.
ReplyDeleteHow cool that you saw Jon and Kate+8-6!
Looks like y'all had a BLAST!!!! I love the pic in the Buzz jail! lol. and cool that you saw J&K!! :)
ReplyDeletehow fun! That totally makes me want to go :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great day!!!!! Love them all passed out in the car!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to make our first trip to Disney!
What a fun filled day! I bet ALL of you slept really well after a day filled with so much excitement. You're so lucky to live close enough to make a day trip to Disney.
ReplyDeleteAnd I gotta ask...how in the heck do you manage to look so good for 5:30 AM?!?! I would look like death warmed over.
I would love to live so close to Disney...did you find out you were pregnant with anyone this time? :)
ReplyDeleteAnd that's so cool about the "celebrities" you saw!
haha Kristin, no and thank God.
ReplyDelete