Wednesday, October 15, 2008

yes, we start them off young

We have an old original Nintendo System that was mine, and amazingly, still works. We started Aliya off on it when she was 2 or 3, and she was an instant pro. I can remember one time John walking in her room to check on her and he said that she was at world 8-1, that she had watched him beat the game and knew the warp zones.

Recently, John John has started asking to play games, so John brings out old faithful. Low and behold, he is a gamer too. In just the few weeks of play, John said that he saw John John already at world 4-1, using the warp zone. Crazy how they pick that up.

We are a big gaming house, but I try to not let them live on their games. However, for John John, I am considering his gaming time 'thumb therapy' since his thumb use is not so good.



4 comments:

  1. oh that is too cute! I have tried to get Cam to play the Wii and he is totally clueless, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe John John is able to play Mario. Wow, I'm super impressed!

    We still have a functioning old school Nintendo too. We love to bring it out every now and then. Even though I totally suck at it now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had one for a long time, but traded it in at some point for an SNES, but then we traded all of that in for XBOX stuff.

    KayTar does play the 360 with BubTar some, but she isn't very good at it. She's much better with computer gaming so far. LOL.

    Thumb therapy. AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. listen it's a right of passage at your house!

    Gosh he is getting so big *sniff *sniff

    ReplyDelete